Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSpattee
Stranger
Advice needed
    #866886 - 06/24/24 12:38 AM (2 months, 20 days ago)

This is my first time growing and I'm having problems with my plants. There are, I believe, two problems. One is when to water and the other is when to treat with nutrients. At the end of Sept, the plants came up good from seedlings and were looking good under a florescent grow lite. I bought a tent and a good LED grow light and they have continued to grow but....I guess I should also tell you that there are three plants all from different seed. One is Purple Kush, one is Crown Royal and the other was a free seed from the seller. At this point, the Purple Kush leaves seem very light green and this is disturbing to me. The Crown Royal, the ends of most of the leaves are yellow and the tips are turned under but the new growth looks nice a rich green. Everything I read about watering and nutrients are confusing to me. I use a hydrometer to check the dampness of the soil and when I do water, I use purified water. As far as nutrients, I am using Miracle Grow very sparingly. Help me out here folks, but be gentle, I'm learning!;-)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Advice needed [Re: Spattee]
    #866889 - 06/24/24 08:24 AM (2 months, 20 days ago)

First of all, planted in September?  Bro it's nearly July, you should have been able to complete a grow twice over in that time. :rofl: But being your first grow, that's perfectly understandable.

Regarding your two problems, if the plants are overwatered it will be a pita to bring them back, underwatering is a much lesser problem to deal with so lean towards the drier side if you can.  Water when the pots are light, lift them from time to time to get a feel for their wet/dry weight.

Fertilize every watering with diluted nutrients, or every other with slightly stronger ones, starting when the lower leaves are beginning to be cannibalized. Monitor the runoff EC levels from time to time to ensure there is no salt buildup, and watch for burnt tips.

I would avoid all miracle grow products and get something like Jacks 321 or Masterblend if you're not going organic.  I personally prefer growing with Jacks in coconut coir, but trying to learn coco and soil growing at the same time would be challenging as there is a lot of conflicting advice.

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: Advice needed [Re: yoosername]
    #867995 - 06/29/24 04:23 PM (2 months, 15 days ago)

You kids and your fancy indoor contraptions :awehigh:

Advice: find a sunny spot and put the plant in it :ancientaliens:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Offlineyoosername
Strange

Loc: Somewhere under the Sun
Re: Advice needed [Re: spirit_shadow] * 1
    #868012 - 06/29/24 11:49 PM (2 months, 14 days ago)

You old fogies and your sun-grown hippy-dirt monster reveg plants. :rofl: We can't all have perfectly balanced soil and a nice agreeable climate :shrug:

Offlinespirit_shadow
Old mate firebender
I'm a teapot

Re: Advice needed [Re: yoosername]
    #868025 - 06/30/24 09:32 AM (2 months, 14 days ago)

Well good thing you aren't a tree and can move :lolsy:

--------------------
bruh....
Ban Lotto

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds