Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

How efficient is smoking weed?
    #860985 - 10/05/23 02:23 PM (10 months, 28 days ago)

Let's say I have a joint of weed that I intend to smoke.
It's not a big joint, just a lil pinner for me.
Let's also say that there is 100mg THC in this joint.

If I smoke the whole thing, how much THC will I have in me at the end?

I'm sure it's not the total 100mg because a percentage will get destroyed in the burning process, and some will be expelled when you exhale.

So, that's the question at hand: how much of the cannabinoids in a joint actually get absorbed when smoking cannabis?

I'm gonna say anywhere between 60-75% will be absorbed, with 25-40% being wasted in some fashion.

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: How efficient is smoking weed? [Re: niteowl] * 1
    #861021 - 10/09/23 11:47 AM (10 months, 24 days ago)

At least 30% is wasted, if you want to get the most out of your weed use a vaporizer.

Vaporizing is more efficient than smoking, because approximately 30% of THC in cannabis or hashish cigarettes is destroyed by pyrolysis during smoking.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporizer_(inhalation_device)#:~:text=Vaporizing%20is%20more%20efficient%20than,destroyed%20by%20pyrolysis%20during%20smoking.

The pyrolysis (or devolatilization) process is the thermal decomposition of materials at elevated temperatures, often in an inert atmosphere. Temperature can be understood as thermal vibration. At high temperatures, excessive vibration causes long chain molecules to break into smaller molecules.

Smoking, whether using a joint, bong or a bowl, results in more THC loss when inhaled — typically between 60 to 63 percent. A vaporizer loses about 46 percent.

https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-weed-101-thc-calculator/

Edited by Rider420 (10/09/23 11:57 AM)

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: How efficient is smoking weed? [Re: niteowl]
    #861023 - 10/10/23 12:08 AM (10 months, 23 days ago)

Oh, I'm fully aware that smoking is inefficient.
I was just curious as to how inefficient it genuinely was.

I own an Extreme-Q Dry Herb Vaporizer and would NEVER resort to burning my herbs again.
At the moment, I'm playing around with alcohol tinctures.
There is zero loss when using that method.

I just wanted a general idea of where to start on my dosage with the tincture.

If one could smoke a whole 200mg joint, then a 100mg tincture dose should be a good start.

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

Edited by niteowl (10/16/23 01:04 PM)

OfflineRider420
Stranger

Re: How efficient is smoking weed? [Re: niteowl] * 1
    #861043 - 10/14/23 12:00 PM (10 months, 19 days ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Oh, I'm fully aware of how inefficient smoking is.
I was just curious as to how inefficient it genuinely was.

I own an Extreme-Q Dry Herb Vaporizer and would NEVER resort to burning my herbs again.
At the moment, I'm playing around with alcohol tinctures.
There is zero loss when using that method.

I just wanted a general idea of where to start on my dosage with the tincture.

If one could smoke a whole 200mg joint, then a 100mg tincture dose should be a good start.

Cool dude I bought my second extreme-Q and a solo unit two years ago and still have not used the Q more then once due to the solo portable unit being so much easier to use and clean.

The bioavailability of inhaled THC is 10% to 35%. After eaten the THC is absorbed, it travels to the liver where most of it is eliminated or metabolized to 11-OH-THC or 11-COOH-THC. The remaining THC and its metabolites enter the circulation. The bioavailability of ingested THC is only 4% to 12%.

Bioavailability refers to the amount of a substance that makes it to systemic circulation. Oral cannabis offers poor bioavailability—only around 20% of cannabinoids make it into the bloodstream. Sublingual administration, on the other hand, offers at least three times the absorption rate.

Sublingual THC, consumed via oils, sprays or certain drinks, is absorbed under and on your tongue and on the sides of your mouth. That process could absorb THC in the 50 to 75 percent rate and hits much faster because it enters the bloodstream almost directly.

Sorry but the Entourage effect is star of the high, not THC percentage.

https://theounce.ca/features/entourage-effect-is-star-of-the-high-not-thc-percentage/

The “entourage effect”—not THC potency—is responsible for the psychoactive experience of cannabis, says a new study.

Well-known vape company PAX partnered with Canadian neurotechnology company Zentrela to leverage brainwave research. They found full spectrum beats distillate in onset and effect.

“Consumers looking for psychoactive effects typically shop for cannabis products based on THC, which is a bit of a fallacy,” says PAX VP of Product Development Brian Witlin.

“In the spirit of continuing to advance cannabis research and understanding of the plant—which has been far too limited for much too long—we wanted to demonstrate through scientific study how full spectrum products with the full range of terpenes and cannabinoids have a more profound impact on the onset and ultimate cannabis experience.”

Full-spectrum refers to cannabis products, such as vapes or oils, that maintain an array of compounds that are naturally occurring in the cannabis plant, such as cannabinoids, terpenes, and other elements, that keep it closer to the dried flower experience.

Distillate, on the other hand, goes through much more refinement to hone in on the cannabinoid and flavour concoction.

Zentrela used an EEG-based analysis was used for quantifying the psychoactive effects. Key findings suggested that whole-plant, full-spectrum products can produce a statistically significant faster onset and more than double the psychoactive experience than distillate products with comparable THC potencies.

The study compared two distinct, inhalable cannabis products made by PAX that have similar THC potencies:

Live Rosin with Natural Diamonds in Blue Dream—a full spectrum live rosin-based product which preserves natural cannabinoids and terpenes
High Purity THC in Berry Gelato—a distillate-based product

https://theounce.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Zentrela-EEG-test-results.png

Edited by Rider420 (10/14/23 01:01 PM)

OfflineGrrudwin1980
Stranger
Re: How efficient is smoking weed? [Re: Rider420]
    #861057 - 10/16/23 09:13 AM (10 months, 17 days ago)

A lot of factors come into play, like how you're smoking it, how long you're holding in the smoke, and even the quality of the bud. General consensus seems to lean towards that 60-75% absorption rate you mentioned. Some peeps even think it could be lower, like 50%.You lose some THC in the burning process, and yeah, when you exhale, you're letting some of that good stuff go. If you're looking for a more efficient way to consume, have you ever tried bongs? I've experimented with different bongs and vaporizers, and let me tell ya, bongs can make your session way more efficient. The water filtration cools down the smoke, making it easier to take larger hits and hold 'em in longer. Plus, they're just fun to use, IMO.

Edited by Grrudwin1980 (10/17/23 07:37 AM)

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: How efficient is smoking weed? [Re: Rider420]
    #861058 - 10/16/23 01:09 PM (10 months, 17 days ago)

What about putting the tincture in a drink?
Wouldn't most of it get absorbed and converted?

My state hates that we were able to legalize medical marijuana, despite their attempts to curb its legalization, and have rigged the system so that only high THC strains are available at the dispensaries.

They even banned the sale of hemp flowers here to hobble the usefulness of medical marijuana further.

I have to order hemp flowers from Plane Jane to get CBD buds to mix with my THC buds.

--------------------
-Terence McKenna-

OfflineJenny
Female User Gallery

#861089 - 10/24/23 10:01 PM (10 months, 8 days ago)

:feelstrippyman:

InvisibleGenesisCorrupted
Ban Lotto Winner
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
    #861336 - 11/15/23 03:19 PM (9 months, 18 days ago)

Commit to the diet, get on an MAOI.
Syrian rue is my fav.
Got damn, it hits so much harder now.

--------------------

Wanna play? I also offer free
Dream interpretation & Therapy
GenesisCorrupted for President

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds